Friday, September 12, 2008

Summary and Questions

So far, it seems to me that there are a few different broad topics this presentation needs to cover: 
  • The difference and trade-offs between beta testing and internal testing.*
  • How to utilize beta testing most effectively.
  • What internal testers can and should be doing to test your applications. 
  • What skills, experience, and other traits you should be looking for when hiring a tester.
  • What tools and resources are available for testers and their bosses. 
  • How to get along with your tester and make them more efficient.
A few of these topics will require further thought and research on my part, but I think they're all things you need to know. And please let me know if there's something I've missed that you'd like to see addressed. In other words, let's do this presentation backwards, and start with the questions. 
-----
*By "internal" testers, I mean both direct employees and contractors/consultants–people who are using your software because you pay them to, not because it helps them get other things done.

No comments: