Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Links for today's talk

I'm speaking about testing software on mobile touch devices this afternoon. I'll post my slides or a video or something later.

But here's some links to people doing similar stuff that I want to refer people to if they're interested:

http://blog.omnigroup.com -- where our designers and engineers talk about their perspectives on the iPad and many other things

www.viddler.com/explore/rentzsch/videos/26/ -- the talk that first got me started thinking about how differently we need to design, develop, and test for the iPhone, by an iPhone developer

vimeo.com/8581946 -- I want to point people both to this speaker (and his blog) and this whole series of lectures about ergonomics and design.

OK, catch you on the flip side!

2 comments:

Lizard said...

One automation strategy I forgot to mention as a possibility: Instruments. You should be using this Apple-provided application anyways to monitor memory usage and such. It also has some record/playback capabilities, which might let you do some automation that way.

Lizard said...

Oh, and here's the record/playback-type tool I mentioned during my talk: http://groups.csail.mit.edu/uid/sikuli/